Diskuzní klub hráčů online her
Home | Profile | Novy ucet | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Star Wars Galaxies - An Empire Divided
 SWG - Chapters and Updates
 Producer Note (06.03.2009): GU 8 & 9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  01:16:07  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Producer Note (06.03.2009): GU 8 & 9

Howdy,

I want to start out by thanking everyone for starting the month out with a bang (pun intended) by taking part in our House Pack-Up event. In the first hour of the event alone you destroyed a combined total of over 30,000 structures! Furthermore, since the start of the event you have knocked down over 300,000 structures. In the words of Lord Vader, “Most impressive.”

So this month heralds the arrival of Update 8: Player Associations and Player Cities. This is the first city update since player cities launched in our game once upon a time and we’re all very excited about that. In addition to the new UI for both PAs and Cities, new city gardens, and a mountain of bug fixes/improvements, Update 8 also features four new collections, overhead map customization capabilities, and an increase to the group xp modifier.

Up next is Update 9: Structures and Domestics. I’m proud to announce that this update will introduce three frequently requested structure features; new houses, houses that can be custom painted, and houses with windows. First off, we’re introducing two completely new houses into the game that can be crafted by structure traders. One is a small house and one is a medium house; the small house is pictured below.

Both of these new houses feature windows and they can be colored. Structure traders will also be able to craft six windowed/colorable houses that are based on existing house floorplans.

Other things to watch out for in Update 9 include updates to existing food buffs and “Barn-Lite”. Barn-Lite is for all the players who want the TCG Barn but have not yet been able to obtain one. Barn-Lite is an object that can be crafted by a structure trader and then placed in any structure to give it a maximum beast storage capacity of 12 beasts (depending on how well it’s crafted).

People asked last month why I didn’t write about anything beyond the current update and the subsequent update. The primary reason for this is that things can change very rapidly and the team needs to be nimble enough to respond. I don’t want to put certain information out there only to have things change and then see the backlash of, “they promised x, y, z and now we’re not getting any of that”. In fact, not giving any information on future updates in the last Producer Note actually worked out very well because there have indeed been changes to the production schedule since then. The player desires on the forums, coupled with the actual PvP metrics that we pulled, have inspired us to change our plans and devote an entire update to PvP. I’m not going to give a timeframe or specific plans in this Producer Note (I should have some details in the next one) but a PvP Update is something that is actively in development right now.

Now onto the other big topic of late: GCW. The update mentioned above is a PvP-specific update and not the full GCW update that some have been asking for. I do want to say that we are exploring options for a full GCW update and it is something that we would definitely like to do. To that end, we will be opening an official thread regarding our GCW plans in the Private Senate Forum and will be working directly with the Senators to gather focused feedback as we move into development on that update. We do not want full GCW proposals written up for us. We’ve seen a lot of them and, while some are good, they’re not exactly what we’re looking for at this point in the process. Senators, we will be asking focused questions for you to gather feedback on every week or two. Details are minimal right now but I will state that what we have in mind will affect all aspects and professions in the game (crafters, pilots, combat professions, entertainers, etc).

Finally, as was mentioned in my last Producer Note, if you haven’t opted-in for Star Wars Galaxies emails, I suggest you do it now. We have something special coming. It’s taken a little longer to prepare the announcement than anticipated but we should be announcing it any time now.

-Dotanuki

p.s. If you hadn't seen, today is Valara's last day with SOE. I want to personally thank her for all the help and support she gave me the entire time she was here. She was an excellent Community Manager and will be deeply missed by the entire Dev team.

Best wishes to you and your family, Valara!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=870102

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

robiwan

1035 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  01:16:30  Show Profile  Send robiwan an ICQ Message Send robiwan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Otazky a odpovede:

Q: and not a word about players concerns over the TCG and the effect its loot is having on the game and its players.

A: We will look for opportunities to bring things only available via TCG to the game in other ways. Barn-Lite, mentioned in the Producer Note, is a perfect example of this.

We are also looking to introduce what some have called "TCG level loot" (speeders, structures, etc) in-game as well. Again, the Producer Note clearly points to the introduction of structures via in-game means.

Q: I for one am looking forward to the next couple updates, but is there any way you can add windows to the current structures? And will there be a new large structure (with windows)?

Also can we reduce the footprints of the large structures to work like those of the medium structures and how they can be lined up with one another?

A: If you mean add windows to the existing structures in-game (e.g., all existing placed structures get automatically updated when the update goes LIVE) the answer is no. We are adding windows to some of the existing floorplans though so you can possibly get a house similar to the one you have now (depending on what house you have now) only with windows and a new exterior texture.

We are working on adding windows to one of the existing large floorplans.

No, we will not be reducing the footprints of the large structures.

Q: Are you also planning on addressing some of the outstanding bugs that are being faced by the other professions? Even if not in full Update fashion, atleast some tweaks. From Smugglers, to Medics, to BH's, to Ent's, there are some bugs that have been plaguing and reported for 6months or more (mostly, before Hoth), that have had very little input or recognition.

A: We will continue to tweak and bug fix with every update we do. We just fixed an instance entry problem a couple hotfixes ago (three cheers for Loche and DevH).

Q: Will the two brand new houses be Generic Planet ones?

Do the new windows allow one or two way viewing?

A: Yes, they are generic planet houses.

The windows function exactly like open house doors do now (except you won't be able to walk through them).

Q: can you give us any more details on the update for domestics is there going to be anything new for the tailor part of the profession?

A: Tailors will get some love too.

Loche is going through all the existing clothes as I type this looking for clothes where color palettes can be increased.

Q: All I ask is that you consider adding ways of acquiring the actual TCG loot items through in-game means that does now require any use of the TCG.

A: TCG loot is going to remain TCG loot. Again, we can release similar items, but not the exact same items. There will always be some type of textural, structural, or functional difference to distinguish the two.

Q: Can we please get confirmation from you if Loot Cards are going to be removed or not from SWG?

I know personally that I do not believe they will be, but the amount of negative posts on these forums is simply ruining this community and people have made it clear they will not stop screaming until they get an answer on this question.

Please, save all of us the drama, set the record straight, and also please start taking a harder line to those that constantly break forum rules yet seemingly are allowed to post day after day, week after week.

A: Loot cards aren't going anywhere. As I mentioned earlier though, we're looking into ways to get some other "super cool" items out via in-game means.

Q: Will the exterior be "skinable" or is that only for the interior?

A: I'm not following you regarding the "skinable" comment. Do you mean can you color the interior as well as the exterior?

Actually, as of right now, the exterior is the only part that can be colored. We're looking into coloring the interior as well but I'm not sure that will make it out for Update 9.

Q: Will the GCW update also include space? as you can get GCW in there also

A: This was mentioned. Our current (very, very early) plans involve an update that would touch everybody, including pilots.

Q: How does one do this....I cannot seem to locate the proper button or window to make this happen or see what status I amm in regarding it.....

A: There should be a forum post on it sometime soon.

Q: thinking like changing the texture of the inside of the new houses. Texture = skin, and a new texture = skining in modding terms.

A: The texture isn't going to change. The hue of that texture will be variable though.

Q: also form the jedi meditate chambers, it shows the use of a partical effect that shows a sbaer being crafted via force, can we get this feature for all jedi with the meditate collection inside the structers of their choosing? liek the barn-lite.

A: Those videos have been redone.

The initial video captures are done well before all the items are in a 100% completed stage. Unfortunately, there were problems with that particle effect so it will not be included in the final Sith/Jedi Meditation Rooms.

Q: Hey, Dotanuki, what does the sith meditative room from the tcg do? Does it give a buff?

A: It looks awesome wherever you place it. It has no functionality other than to look cool.

A: For those with questions about email opt-in, please head here: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.son...ilhelp/index.vm

I have waited and planned and built my strength for fifteen thousand years. I have evolved. It is time.
(Omnius Evermind)
---------------------------
Feyd'Rautha Saresh (Medic, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera), Robe Saresh (Force Sensitive, Rebel Alliance, Europe-Chimaera)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diskuzní klub hráčů online her © © 2000 CzechHeroes Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,05 seconds. on eygor Snitz Forums 2000